Being aware of the great amount of photographic talent and tradition as present in the countries of Eastern Europe today, the wish to create a platform dedicated to Eastern European photography in Berlin felt both obvious and urgent. Berlin has a long shared history with the East and in times of intense cultural exchange we perceive such a platform as a vehicle for dialogue and the creation of new relationships.
Simply, our focus lies in exhibiting the works of contemporary Eastern European artists, emerging and established, and presenting their work to Berlin audiences.
SUPPORT THE ARTIST
Through purchasing any of the artworks in our online shop or otherwise exhibited, you support the project and the artists directly:
- 51% of each purchase goes to the artist
- 20% are for production costs and taxes
- 29% are further reinvested into our programme
WHAT WE DO
- Online platform - eepberlin.org
- Gallery - group and solo exhibitions
- Magazine - Vol. 1 coming out soon!
- Online shop - fine art prints in limited editions
We’re looking for photographers, writers and organizations to give a platform to and collaborate with. Get in touch!